House Goals for Fall/Winter 2017


This year has been the first year since 2011 when I have felt able to decorate, get things done around the house, and take time to enjoy the process. I was a brand new mom in September 2012, then I was pregnant in September 2013, then I was a mom of 2-under-3 with a 1 year old photography business in September 2014, and so on and so on..

..and with that being said, I feel my happiest when I'm working around the house and the kids are outside playing and having fun. It's the best. This fall is starting out wonderfully.

Here are our fall/winter goals around the house:

Have a storm door installed on the front door.
I really want one with a solid glass panel so as not to distract from that pretty paint color.

Replace the front exterior light.
We removed the very old and faded brass ones when we moved in and installed these black ones that are too long for the little square white panel behind it (if you look closely you can see what I'm talking about). Now they're super faded and kill my front steps vibe. I found a little white one that I want to install, so that'll happen soon. (I kinda wish we had 2 lights out front.. oh well.)

Repair/repaint front steps and sidewalk.
The other thing that seriously kills the vibe out here is the concrete. Before we can paint it, we need to repair it. There are some surface areas where the concrete is flaking a little. Once we get that fixed, we'll repaint it. I'm thinking a dark gray.

Price new railings for front steps.
This is a stretch. DH will probably laugh at me when I bring it up.. buuuuuut I think Chippendale panels would look incredible on our front steps instead of these very boring metal railings that scream "jailbreak."

Paint the upstairs office/guest bedroom.
I've already chosen the color -- Benjamin Moore's "Glass Slipper" -- but I just have to clean the room out and get it painted.

Big boy bed for DS.
Our little guy is tall, and he's outgrowing his crib. We have it set up with the safety railing to use as a toddler bed, but yeah, it's time for him to graduate from that into his own bed. It'd be easier to just buy the railings and give him a full-size bed, but he really wants bunk beds, so we're looking into them.

Window coverings for the kitchen windows.
We currently having nothing over the kitchen windows above the sink. I used to have cafe curtains, but they faded, and I took them down. What I really want are small faux-wood blinds and an upholstered cornice, so I'm going to see about doing those on a budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment